Monday, March 1, 2010

Travel Bug

So, I've barely gotten home from a quick trip to the Island when I am off again in two days.  This is making me most happy, for a variety of reasons:

1.  I get to see some really wonderful folks (one of which I have been friends with for about 18 years!) who happen to have a really wonderful baby.  Who likes to wipe her grubby hands on me :)  She also likes to get up at about 5 in the morning, but I am not holding that against her :)  She's way too cute for that.

2.  Kill some major time while the Dom is away on his nearly month long school/olympic adventure.  I'm so proud of him, and happy he got to check out a hockey game, but jeez!  This is a loooonnnngggg trip.

3.  Food.  In the form of lovely vegetarian Pad Thai, homecooked chicken heaven, and soon to be sushi in ma tummy.  And, I usually get an awesome breakfast made while I'm there, cause Dave is great like that.

4.  Really awesome decaf, dark roast, fair-trade, organic coffee.  It's the best decaf I've had.  It's so good we're questioning just how "decaf" it is.

5.  Wedding magazine browsing.  Jen is getting married this summer, and it is indeed fun to laugh at those ridiculous dresses!  I know I want to try one on at some point in my life, but I can't imagine actually wearing some of those creations.  I guess I just like to be comfortable.  Strange.

Anyway, I'm pumped about this trip.  I'm leaving a bit earlier than my meetings, just to get some good visiting/eating/shopping for various food items unavailable in Labrador.

No comments:

Post a Comment