Holy Crap! I was simply browsin' around last night, reading some blogs, when I went on over to Laurie's blog where she had been nominated for the Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award, had to spill ten things we don't know about her, then nominate 5 other bloggers for the award. Guess what??? Yup, she nominated me! AND, called me funny! I completely freaked at my computer screen (simultaneously blushing and flapping my hands), causing my sweetie to, yet again, wonder what the heck is wrong with me. Thank you, Laurie! This is beyond cool (See how easy it is to excite me?).
So, I've since calmed down a little, and begun the thought process of some things y'all might not know about me....
1. My nickname growing up was (and still is for some folks) Pony. If you called me that, I would totally answer you.
2. I'm part Inuit, part nearly everything else possible.
3. I've had literally hundreds of dreams of whales and sharks. Seriously. The shark dreams are always scary, and the whale ones are sorta scary, in the sense that they are so big and powerful. Oh yes, and I am nearly always in the water with them. If not, I somehow end up in the water with them (falling, breaking docks, etc.). Anyone know what this means?
4. I was in a comedy/farce/sillyness video for my friend's band, Ticklish Brother. It's basically making fun of how ridiculous obsession is. I'm gonna be brave and give you the YouTube link: Close To You. My pup, Fran, makes an appearance as well!
5. I was going to go to school to be a midwife. I love everything about pregnancy and birth. I'd still like to do this, but don't know about doing a job like that (physically taxing, crazy hours) with RA.
6. In relation to number 5, I've been at four different births :) Beautiful.
7. I lived in Ireland for 6 months doing a youth work program. Whew, a lot of beer was consumed on that adventure! Ireland is simply gorgeous, and the people incredibly welcoming. It's a bit touristy in spots (Dublin, I'm looking at you), but there are some places where you get to experience it, on the west coast especially. Go there!
8. Onions drive me bananas most of the time, unless they are cooked really, really well. However, one of the best things I've eaten (and helped make) is our onion soup. Go figure. Must be all the butter that's in it.
9. I met my sweetie at the Women's Centre where I work. I think of this as very cute and ironic :) We don's see many men around these parts.
10. I've been out of the country four times, and have been in less than half of my own country!! I'm planning on changing that within the next year or so with a cross-country trip :)
So, onto the real fun part: nominating some other amazing women out there. Reading their blogs is definitely a highlight of my day. Most have RA, but all inspire me. In no particular order, begin the fabulousity:
1. Judy over at RA is Wild. She also blogs about living a raw lifestyle over at RawSierra, and hikes and backpacks with RA like it's nobody's business! This woman is die-hard, and a serious inspiration to me.
2. Jenn at Project Jennifer. She has recently had both hips replaced, and is still living and loving her life despite the aches and pains that come with it. She also gets to work with folks with RA, which is freaking awesome!
3. My buddy and pal, Nadine at Unloading and Meandering. I've known her since I was 13, and love her to death. She's a passionate gardener, an amazing writer, and has a memory of an elephant! Loves :) Bet your surprised that I actually did this, huh, Nadine?? I'm not exactly wonderful at doing this type of thing (memes, lists, passing things on, etc.).
4. Confessions of an Ra Superbitch. That woman is honest about life with RA, and it is beyond refreshing.
5. RA (maybe) Mamma cause she is sharing my journey of preparing for, and getting pregnant, with RA. It's a whirlwind journey for sure. We need all the support we can get!
So, there it is! I gotta admit, this has been pretty fun (and challenging). Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!