Friday, November 6, 2009

StolenWords

Recently my words have been stolen. Well, maybe "stolen" is not the word, but they have certainly been appropriated. I'm not too upset about it, I just find the situation bizarre. I had responded to an email to someone, as usual stating my opinion (I'm not known for that, really ;) ), backing it up with some stats. They then posted it somewhere public, without permission, and without indicating that they were my words.

Huh.

I'm not angry, or embarrassed, and I will stand by what I said. Just confused. Why would someone do that? I'm assuming that they thought I had good points, and it helped their argument. That's cool. But if that were me, I would have said something along the lines, "so-and-so said it best: 'insert quote' ".

Anyway, that was my weird moment of yesterday, a day way too filled with anger. The point of my email was to help someone with some facts, give my opinion, etc. on a topic that is near and dear to my heart: violence against women. Some of the misinformation out there is astounding! But that is another post for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Who stole what? And I totally agree, the least they could do is write, "My friend Pony said..." Four little words to give you due credit is not much to ask.

    Copycats should be subjected to an eternity of listening to the most annoying noise ever.

    ReplyDelete