Friday, June 18, 2010

Garden pictures from two weeks ago

Just because I've been a bit of a slacker lately, I thought I'd put up some pics of our finally-planted garden :)

First up, our beans and peas:



And, naturally, Fran being cute with scary eyes next to our new fire pit:


And, because blogger is being a big wiener-head with my pics, here is the picture I had posted FIRST, but has decided to jump down to the bottom, and I cannot for-the-life-of-me manage to get it back up top.  Our potatoes, beets and carrots:


And my sweet little daffodils that I thought were crocuses when I planted them:



I forgot to take the pictures of the little mini-greenhouse that contains our spinach, swiss chard and kale, and I ain't gonna try after this hulla-balloo.  I have no idea why this post was so hard to do.  Blogger, why do you hate me so??? 

On another note, the gardening that I did do, which admittedly is a lot less than the work that Dom did, made me sore for a good week.  Not joint sore, but leg muscle sore.  I have this habit, as my knees don't like to squat for any length of time, of bending straight over at the waist when I garden.  So, basically I was stretching on and off for a couple of hours.  Stretching is great.  Extensive stretching when your are not particularly stretchy is not so great.  I think I need to invest in a little stool if I want to spend any time in our garden this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Aw good effort, it will look so nice when it's done. I'm sitting in my back garden just now (I live in a block of flats, we have a shared garden) and just discovered my wireless connection from the house reaches here. Amazing!! I hope your plants grow quickly :)

    ReplyDelete