Monday, February 1, 2010

The post that contains way tmi about my cycle

*Warning! TMI alert!! Apologies in advance to Mike, who may be the only guy who reads this blog. Well, Dom may occasionally read it, but trust me, he gets waaaayyyyy more details :)


Hey, remember that movie with Katherine Heigl? The funny one in which she got knocked-up? What was it called? Oh yeah, "Knocked Up". Well, let's just say that the title does not apply to me.

That's right, I'm not pregnant :( Boo!

I'm surprisingly alright (having some disappointed moments, but still), mostly due to thinking like this:

1. The pill hasn't totally screwed me up, cycle wise. I was scared that I would be one of those women who didn't get her period for like, six months or something after stopping the pill. Not the case. Score for regularity!

2. I thought trying for a baby would be out in February, what with future daddy being away for a month and all. BUT, with a slightly shorter cycle than expected, we may not miss out. Pending super-strong swimmers, of course.

3. Humira is actually working. I cannot remember the last time I wore my ankle brace. Life is not perfect, but I hobble way less these days. Not being pregnant gives me a chance to keep taking humira for a while longer, get even better, and have a healthier pregnancy. Sweet.

4. An additional month to get mtx out of my system. Just in case there are some lingering bits clinging on to my liver, or kidneys, or fat cells. Maybe I can work on those fat cells a little, while I am at it.

5. Not being huge as a house for one of bestest's weddings in Newfoundland :) At which I am standing. If I got pregnant right away now, I'd be 6 1/2 months at the wedding, which sounds a bit more reasonable for travelling and fitting into a dress.

Ummmm, that's about it. That is all the positivity I can muster right now. Which is pretty damn good, if you ask me.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh I get it now. I thought you were talking about a bicycle. I am hoping you guys much success with the baby factory. You deserve the blessing of a child. I can not imagine my life without Addy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Mike! You just totally made my day :) Thanks! And, btw, Addy is a real cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing about the wedding too!!! I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete