Monday, May 17, 2010

Leavin' On A Not-So-Jet Plane

Well, here I go work-travelling again.  It's a good thing that I don't want a job that involves a lot of travel!  This is my fourth trip since february for work.  And leaving here is not easy, it's a good hour and a half to where I'm going , then a 45 minute bus ride.  Fortunately, I've got my i-pod and book to keep me going.  Oh, and the title of my post is in reference to the little planes we get to travel in around here.  The one I'm on today is not bad, but it ain't no jet plane.

I may not be very active this week due to this, but I hope to keep up with everyone's posts/news.  I also really hope that this doesn't send me into a flare like the last trip (which I am now just recovering from).  Oh well.  At least I'll be somewhere new, eating good food and doing a bit of shopping.  The biggest light at the end of this tunnel is that this coming weekend is a long one and my sweetie and I are hiking up to the cabin.  No phones, no t.v., no electricity.  Just us and our doggie :)  It'll be good recuperation time.

5 comments:

  1. Are you going to bring some pie home this time? heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - Since you travel a bit, I was wondering what it is like to travel with injectable meds? I have a trip coming up where I am going to have to bring my weekly methotrexate shot. Is security an issue? Any advice? Thanks.
    -Margaret
    P.S. I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, no pie for me this time. I'm scarred for life. But, I can't make the same promise about cookies (or something that can go in my suitcase!) :D

    Margaret, welcome and thanks for reading! I haven't traveled lately with injectable meds, but certainly have in the past, and my mom is an insulin-dependant diabetic. I got my doctor to write a note for me indicating that I needed to travel with needles for my health condition. I don't remember ever having to use the note, it didn't seem to be much of a problem. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your work-trip is pleasant and that you don't end up flaring again, Pony. I admire your tenaciousness! It's tough enough to deal with RA without having to lug a suitcase around and run to make connections at airports and bus terminals. You're a tough one, you are. ;)

    Cookies. Yes. Great bit delectable cookies, packed in amongst the pajamas and extra socks. You go, girl!
    -Wren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love the good ol' Dash-8. I hope your trip goes well and don't forget to charge your iPod before you go! Nothing worse than a dying music player on a long trip.

    Love,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete